Wednesday, August 18, 2010

We want Daniels

I never imagined that I would be a teacher.  In fact, I don't ever recall the idea crossing my mind.  I had high hopes of completing college and going straight to Medical School to become a Forensic Pathologist.  Things didn't quite work out the way I had envisioned them, they worked out way better! 

God had a different plan for my life.  It has been a wonderful and incredible journey so far and I am so excited to see what he has in store for me and my family.  After having children, Adam and I decided that we were going to homeschool our boys.  I have a good friend that says, "I don't want my children going into the lion's den until I know that they are Daniels."  WOW!  What a statement!  More than that, what a huge responsibility that places on parents.  We decided to adopt that same motto.  As parents, we understand that our #1 responsibility is to care for the souls of our precious two sons, Evan (now 3) and Alan (now 16 months).  It is our earnest prayer and desire to raise our children up in the way of the Lord.  So here we are, at the beginning of our homeschool journey.

I am creating this blog mainly to document our school activities.  It will also be a good way for family and friends to be able to share in our homeschool adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment