Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cc is for Crocodile

Today we learned that Cc is for Crocodile.  I had not intended to do Cc is for Crocodile today, but we had checked out a video from the library about crocodiles and Evan found it and wanted to watch it.  I went ahead and let him and just changed my plans!  The movie was called, "Gators, Crocs and Other Yucky Swamp Creatures."  He really liked it.  I actually learned a few things from it too. 

Since we had made an alligator puppet while learning about the Letter Aa, I figured we might as well make a crocodile puppet too.  Evan enjoyed finger painting the pieces!

Painting his crocodile.
While we waited for the pieces to dry, I taught the boys the "Crocodile Song."  I had found the sheet music for this song and so we played it on the piano.  Evan has been particularly interested in the piano lately and wants me to play it all the time.  The boys had fun playing the piano as we sang our song. 

Crocodile Song:
Oh she sailed away on a pleasant summer's day on the back of a crocodile.
"You see," said she, "he's as tame as he can be, I'll float him down the Nile."
But the croc winked his eye as she waved to all good-bye, wearing a sunny smile.
At the end of the ride the lady was inside, and the smile on the crocodile!

Playing the piano while singing the "Crocodile Song."
Evan was excited once we got his crocodile puppet put together.  We put on puppet shows with both the crocodile and the alligator. 

Playing with Croc and Al.
We had also checked out "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile" by Bernard Waber from the library.  We read it over and over again.  He really liked it because his crocodile puppet looked just like Lyle.  He would hold his puppet over each page and act it out.  Then he started calling his puppet Lyle Lyle Crocodile.  When we went outside to play, he wanted me to draw Lyle on the driveway.  Our driveway is getting quite covered with chalk art.  It hasn't rained for awhile to wash it all away.  A few neighbor kids came over to play and saw my chalk version of Lyle.  They asked if Evan had learned about dinosaurs in school!  I thought it was pretty good myself!

Lyle, Lyle Crocodile
Daddy got home really late tonight from work and as soon as he walked in the door, Evan was begging him to go into the schoolroom to see his crocodile.  Then he wanted Daddy to read "Lyle, Lyle Crocodile" to him.  I think Evan is a fan of the crocs!

Reading with Daddy.
See you later Alligator!  After while Crocodile!

No comments:

Post a Comment